Most of the time, all that people think about and work hard towards is getting a job. Sadly, they dont think about keeping it or even ways that they could loose it. I think its easier to loose a job than to get one so these 10 points would guide you on keeping your job.
1. Consistently showing up late; coming to work, meetings or other functions late is rude.
2. Making too many excuses;Always having an excuse for every thing that goes wrong reduces your credibility level before your employer and co workers.
3. Blaming others for your wrongs
4.Putting others down;when you put others down you certainly dont pull your self up. Gossip is a very unhealthy habit.
5. Multitasking But Not Getting Anything Done
There’s a huge difference between working hard and working smart. When you try to do everything all at once, the risk is that you end up accomplishing nothing or turning in work that isn’t your best work possible.
6. Being Too Personal For Work
Taking occasional personal calls or ordering online to buy your spouse a birthday gift is acceptable. But, when your personal life interferes with your work so often that you can barely distinguish work emails from personal ones, you appear disinterested and disengaged.
7. Moving Too Often; It is hard to find your career path when you move too much. Chances are that you will miss out on the long-term impact of your work and your growth will be limited.
8. Talking Yourself Up But Not Delivering
Do not make promises you can’t keep. Never over-promise and under-deliver. Not only will you end up discouraging your employer and co-workers, you will also come off as inefficient and unreliable.
9. Going Overboard With Social
Even if you are a social media specialist at work, you must still learn how to detach your virtual life from your official job function. Do not let hours of web surfing and online chatting get out of hand.
10. Telling Lies Instead of Owning Up
Honesty is a value that is fundamental in any work environment. This shows that you can be trusted.
You might not be aware of it but you are actually ruining your career by doing these ten things. You may think that having the right skills and abilities is enough, but remember that getting a job and keeping it require character and hard work.
Feel free to add your own point and experience